We are very proud to announce that SYF has introduced all the partners to enable a new youth initiative to start up. The initiative combines football and mobile youth club support in an area of Guildford where there is not much for young people to do. In week one of "Friday Football", 14 young people turned up and joined in. The partners, who were all connected via the Communilab network, are:
- Guildford Saints Charter Standard Club – managing the football
- Lifetrain Trust – providing youth club support
- Guildford Borough Council – providing floodlit pitch access
- Surrey FA – providing kit and volunteer training
- Surrey County Council Youth Work Service – early stage support
- Active Surrey – support and advice with funding
- Kings College School – promotion to young people
The project which started as an idea on www.Communilab.org hopes to demonstrate how positive things can happen when organisations and young people work in collaboration. Surrey Youth Focus is building its Communilab network to benefit young people across the County and this Friday Football is an inspiring example of collaboration in action. The next step will be to involve more volunteers from local businesses and Surrey University to help support the football as numbers grow.
Surrey Youth Focus is grateful for financial support from The High Sheriff Youth Awards to help get this project started. Commenting the on the session one 14 yr old said “If I wasn't playing football I would be at home gaming”
Any businesses that want to get involved and suppport this project or help establish similar initiatives across Surrey, or to sign up as a volunteer please contact Surrey Youth Focus on email@example.com
If you live in Park Barn and want to join in Friday Football as a player, please see poster here or at Kings College School.
We are very grateful to Community Foundation for Surrey for funding support for this project.